It is my pleasure to introduce a sneak peek of a new series of advice posts for aspiring marine biologists by marine scientists: Jobs & Internships 101: Marine Biology Edition. I am currently seeking some marine scientists who are interested in contributing to any (or even more) of the following topics:
- Getting Started: When should I start applying?
- Resources: Where to Start Looking for Jobs and Internships
- Cover Letter and Application Tips
- Building and Maintaining a CV
- How to Build Relationships with Potential References & Letter Writers
- How to Ask for a Reference or a Letter of Recommendation
- The Art of Following Up
- E-mail and Phone Etiquette
- Do Your Research: Interview Questions
- What to wear to an interview?
I have already recruited a few contributors. I want to share your story! What have you learned during your life adventures and career pursuits? If you could talk to undergraduate you, what wisdom would you share?
This is a call for anyone working or who has worked in a marine science related field. By no means do you need to be a biologist! I want to show those who love the ocean the numerous disciplines awaiting them.
Please send me a message if you are interested—or if you would like to suggest someone I should approach!